Monday 15 April 2013

Random Ramblings for the Week



This week already proves to be interesting.  Not only did a bunch of things arrive at the PO Box (packages from GDE, Shiro Cosmetics, AquaBlossom, Fyrinnae...), but we have gotten more snow.  Yes, that's right more snow.  Like a foot of it since around 8pm last night.  With the temperatures below average and the amount of snow we keep getting, it really seems like winter will never end this year.  It is very hard to believe that people were golfing here in the middle of March last year and that the sidewalks were dry/grass was green by mid-April.  That is definitely not going to happen this year, even by the 1st of May!  It shall be an interesting field collection season this year.  I fear my student and I are going to be very cold/wet collecting sign data in a couple weeks time.  Maybe changing from my winter tires to my summer tires this weekend will bring about a change in the weather.  Optimistic?

I don't know about anyone else, but I have been totally engrossed in the first season of Big Brother Canada on Slice.  I have even gotten into watching the live feeds on my phone just to see what is happening now.  Big Brother has even usurped my regularly scheduled NHL.com stalking of the pre-playoff standings.  In fact, as of the writing of this post, I have no clue who is leading or of the placement of my favourite teams (Flyers, Flames, Jets, Leafs).  This week should be really interesting on Big Brother, depending on who Canada votes to bring back into the house.  I am rooting for Alec, but I am pretty sure it will be Gary Glitter who sashays back into the house.  Either or, it shall make for very entertaining television viewing.  I am also not sure who I would like see win, Emmett, Jillian or Andrew.  Andrew should win for sheer whit and sense of humour alone.  I would hate to be on this jury but would love to be in the Big Brother house...maybe a few seasons from now.  At any rate, it would be an interesting way to spend part of my winter and I wouldn't have to unearth my car for work in the early hours of the day....a hundred grand would also be nice.  Food for thought.


Note: After writing the draft of this post, I checked the NHL standings....the Flyers and Flames do not have a hope of making the playoffs, the Jets are just below the line and the Leafs are in...


No comments:

Post a Comment